Here’s another basic recipe for a deliciously simple and healthy dish that I prepared on Eastern Mosaic not so long ago using Omega-rich salmon fillets and fresh vegetables:
- Reduce some orange juice (1 cup per portion)
- lightly steam vegetables of your choice (I used baby carrots, tenderstem broccoli and asparagus in this instance) in a bamboo basket or steamer
- pan-cook the salmon (skin side down) to your preferred doneness
- add some salt, pepper and lemon.
- Plate as per picture for a great presentation!
- Garnish with some herbs (I used micro-watercress)
- serve with an optional tomato & pea salsa. You’ll find that the tanginess of the orange reduction really complements the fish and veggies beautifully.
This MMMM… moment brought to you by Imraan Vagar and his creative cuisine crafts on Eastern Mosaic which you can tune into every Sunday on SABC2 at 10H30AM. For more great ideas on how to give your taste buds an amazing kick keep visiting us at Indianspice, the premier Indian lifestyle website for South Africans for everything under the Indian tapestry.