Junaid Ahmed Productions, in association with African Lotus Productions, is proud to announce that they will be producing KEEPING UP WITH THE KANDASAMY’s, a feature film set in the sprawling township of Chatsworth.
This heart-warming comedy revolves around the lives of two women and their journey of friendship. The movie will be directed by Jayan Moodley (White Gold) and produced by Junaid Ahmed and Helena Spring, the team behind the critically acclaimed film Hard To Get.
Keeping Up with The Kandasamy’s will be filmed during September this year and is slated for an April 2016 cinema release. Excitement is set to hit the Chatsworth Youth Centre as auditions get underway for this new movie.
If you’re keen, please send an email to: email@example.com or call Indhrannie on 031 4096423 (office hours only) to book your audition slot. You will be given a complete character bible and the necessary requirements, including the scenes you would have to prepare for the audition.
- Date: 9 and 10 May 2015
- Venue: Chatsworth Youth Centre
The following characters are to be auditioned:
- JENNIFER Kandasamy – Female, around 45 years old. Smart, well-spoken and a real snob. Slim and graceful.
- SHANTHI Naidoo – Female, around 45 years old. Chubby, exuberant and a classic people pleaser. Short in stature.
- JODI Kandasamy- Female, must pass for 19 years old. First year at University. Beautiful, intelligent, confident and fun loving.
- PRANESH Naidoo – Male, 21 years old. Debonair and charming. Third year medical school. Mr Nice Guy.
- MARLIN- Male, 23 years old. Flamboyant wedding planner – a real drama queen.
- AYA- Female, over 65 years old. Witty and very funny. ‘Inflicted’ with all kinds of ailments.
- PREGGIE- Male, 48 years old. Loving husband and loyal friend. Most comfortable in his township.
Auditions will also take place later in May at other various in Durban and Johannesburg- dates to be announced in early May.