Sureshnie Rider is a South African journalist and radio DJ best known for reading the news and hosting the 5FM Top 40 will be rocking her dancing shoes on this Friday when the 8th season of Strictly Come Dancing SA starts at 19:30 on SABC3.
She began her career at campus-based Durban Youth Radio, following her journalism qualification. She moved on to Gagasi Fm as a news reader and journalist, before joining national broadcasting station LotusFM as a weekday presenter.
Rider left her hometown of Durban for Johannesburg and joined 5fm as an on-air presenter and news reader. Sureshnie can also be found behind the microphone as an MC for private and corporate events, as well as voice over artist. She hosts the Hit Express Show on South African Airways on international flights.
She was also the production manager of SABC3’s now-defunct 3Talk with Noeleen weekday chat show. Putting the celebrities through their paces will be a very talented team of professional dancers that consists of; Grant Louis Esterhuizen, Obed Mokokodi Mofoleng, Johannes Radebe, Devon Leigh Snell, Dennis Sifiso Maseko, Nombulelo Hlathi, Jeanné Michelle Swart, Michelle Leigh Oppenshaw, Erin Musson and Samantha Bele Viana.
Pairings of celebrity contestants and their dance partners are as follows:
- Pearl Modiadie and Grant Louis Esterhuizen
- Sureshnie Rider and Obed Mokokodi Mofoleng
- Leigh-Anne Williams and Johannes Radebe
- Karlien Van Jaarsveld and Devon Leigh Snell
- Bridget Masinga and Dennis Sifiso Maseko
- Nkululeko Tshirambula and Nombulelo Hlathi
- Siya “Slikour” Metane and Michelle Leigh Oppenshaw
- Stanton Fredricks and Erin Musson
- Jason Goliath and Samantha Bele Viana
Strictly Come Dancing will premiere on SABC3 on 5 June, 2015, Friday at 19:30 – 21:30 and repeat on Saturdays from 16:30 – 18:30 from 6 June, 2015