A not-to-be-missed showcase of trends, interactive cooking demonstrations, foodie entertainment, fun for the kids and a shopping and taste experience you will greatly enjoy.
The Durban Good Food & Wine Show is delighted to present The Great Big Durban Curry Cook-Off in association with The Post.
The Great Big Durban Curry Cook Off takes place in the Celebrity Chefs Theatre on Sunday, November 1, at 3pm and features a curry mystery-box challenge between Jenny Morris and Rick Stein versus Reza Mahammad and MasterChef Australia winner Brent Owens
Tickets to The Great Big Durban Curry Cook Off cost R50 and can be booked through Computicket with all proceeds going to the Starfish Foundation. Starfish supports orphaned or vulnerable children in South Africa by working in partnership with community based organisations.
Seats are limited so book now to avoid disappointment. Audience members have the chance to win a curry buffet dinner for two in The Ocean Terrace restaurant at the Oyster Box Hotel.
The Good Food & Wine Show Durban takes place from Friday October 30 to Sunday, November 1 at the Durban Exhibition Centre in association with Durban Tourism. Tickets available through Computicket (www.computicket.com) or at the door. Go to www.goodfoodandwineshow.co.za
The celebrity chefs to hit the KZN coastline is:
- Rick Stein – one of the UK’s most popular celebrity chefs
- Brent Owens – MasterChef Australia 2014 winner
- Jenny Morris – South Africa’s own Giggling Gourmet
- Reza Mahammad – best known as the Prince of Spice
- Yudhika Sujanani – the “Curry Queen of Bling”
- Kevin Joseph – Executive Chef at the Oyster Box
- Peter Ayub – Passionate Chef & Teacher, Ardent Beer Lover, Proud Cook Book Author
- Sandren Govender – Head chef of the Sun Coast Towers Hotel
- Constantijn Hahndiek – Executive Chef of Hartford House