There were so many days I did not want to get out of bed. One day, I was having an extreme suicidal episode. I was a nervous wreck; all I wanted to do was figure out a way to die without hurting anyone. I thought to myself that I might be okay if only I could just run far, far away but leave my mind behind. At this time, I was in a fetal position on my bedroom floor, rocking back and forth, trying everything within me to stay alive.
Here’s a top 10 list of things you can do to get yourself out of a depression or episode of suicidal thoughts:
- Get up. Wash your face, take a shower, freshen up, get dressed, get out of the house.
- Make your bed. Making your bed sets your intention that you intend on making it one more day.
- Go from feeling sick to being sic: Stop, investigate your thoughts to see if they are true or if you are overthinking and being negative, and clearyour mind. Do some deep breathing or meditation. There are many apps for both.
- Watch YouTube comedy videos.
- Open the blinds.
- Watch some comedy movies.
- Look up videos of babies, puppies or other animals.
- Say out loud what you are thinking. Sometimes just hearing yourself say it will bring you some clarity.
- Buy yourself flowers as a gift to yourself for making it through one more day.