Living the high life seemed to be the modus operandi of Brendon Naidoo with the beautiful DJ Zinhle as his girlfriend.
Naidoo has been arrested for fraud the past Saturday. Sunday World reported 2 weeks ago that he had made about R15-million from investors. Some of the victims of his scam included retired teachers who were scammed to believe he was going to invest their cash in forex trade markets.
On Monday, Naidoo’s case which was attended by his family had been postponed to next week for a bail application. He has been transferred to Johannesburg Central prison where he will remain until his next arraignment.
Who is Brendon Naidoo?
He studied Financial Economics at London School of Economics and Social Science. He’s a well travelled guy who’s also made 20 trips to India as part of a pilgrimage to Prashanti Nilayam – the destination of the late avatar, Sathya Sai Baba.
Brendon also has a taste for expensive watches. His collection includes Rolex and Louis Vuitton time pieces.
Naidoo, whose relationship with the popular DJ became public in September 2016, appeared in the Alexandra Magistrate’s Court in Wynberg on Monday.
How Brendon Naidoo Spent Money
The Sowetan has had a look at Oracle’s bank statements dating from December 2014 to September 2016 which show how Naidoo seemingly lived the high life primarily on the coffers of his ‘shady’ business dealing.
Prosecutor Jimmy Shongwe confirmed that Naidoo’s bank statements would form part of their evidence in court.
The 227-page dossier indicated the following
- At least R3.4-million was allegedly deposited into the account in various amounts from different investors.
- From it Naidoo apparently shifted funds of more than R1-million into his personal bank account.
- He then allegedly used the company’s bank card to make various trips to Durban, Cape Town and one in Miami last year.
- In a visit to Durban he allegedly bought clothes from Street Gear and AcaJoe worth R2 900, hired luxury vehicles for R22 620 in December 2014.
- He also allegedly bought himself Louis Vuitton wear for R17200 a few months later.
- In celebrating 2015 New Year’s, the he allegedly splashed R5000 on booze at Norman Goodfellows bottle store in Rivonia.
- Two weeks later he splurged R3 000 at The Bank nightclub in Rosebank.
- A month later he travelled to the luxurious Fairmont Zimbali Resort in KwaZulu-Natal where his stay allegedly cost him R14 308 with an additional bill of R1 300.
- In April 2015 Naidoo allegedly booked himself into the Oyster Box Hotel in Durban where he paid R10 154 for his accommodation and spent R1 760 at the hotel’s bar.
- He then returned to Johannesburg and spent R4 500 at The Bank Bar on 29 April and then another R2 000 the following day.
- In two transactions in June 17, 2016, he allegedly spent allegedly R17 082 on booze at Hilbrow Liquor store.
- He also apparently bought airtime worth R5 800 in 25 transactions while making several transfers to his family. Naidoo also splurged on florists and Uber last year.
- Zinhle was directly linked to one transaction of R2 000 captured as “zinhle refund” he paid to her on July 21 last year.