Indian Spice, a division of AdiShakti Media is the largest digital online platform talking to the lucrative Indian market of Southern Africa.
We are the leading Afro-Indian digital news source that caters for the diverse community of South Africans in Africa and internationally providing relevant lifestyle and hard-hitting news for South Africans and the Indian diaspora across the world.
The publication, Indian Spice is a subsidiary of AdShakti Media a proudly South African brand. Indian Spice has over a million unique website visitors and reached over 2,5 million people across social media.
We have the following opportunities at Indian Spice
- Content Producers X 2
- Interns X 2
The content producers & interns will work under guidance of the associate editors.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Editing and proofreading Indian Spice’s content (e.g. articles)
- Sourcing content to be shared on the website and across social media
- Producing short videos for certain news stories and events
- Implementing a content calendar to manage
- Planning for time-sensitive / seasonal content
- Contacting writers, speakers, activists and advisory board members
- Background in digital journalism
- Great knowledge of social media (esp. Twitter, Facebook & Instagram)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research independently
- Ability to write on a wide range of topics
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Some experience in WordPress is ideal
- Some knowledge of video and audio making/editing would be ideal
Some of the benefits:
- Amazing travel opportunities
- Work from where ever you may be
- Flexible hours of work
- Samosa’s with your tea
We are expanding operations into KZN & Western Cape and for these roles you will need to be free for an internship/training if you are successful. You must have access to Internet and a laptop, and a keen willingness to learn!
What we need from you
- Record a 3-minute video and tell us stuff that we wouldn’t find on your resume. Be fun, relaxed and let your personality shine! Publish your video on Youtube or Vimeo. Ensure that the video is in private/unlisted mode & send us the link to view.
- We need a 2-page resume.
Drop us these 2 items on an email to info (at) indianspice.co.za and we will get back to you in due course to setup an interview should you impress us!