Are Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma getting ready to say ‘I do’? Here’s a lowdown on all the rumours floating around Anushka and Virat’s wedding
1. It is expected to be destination wedding in Milan, Italy. Other than family members, only close friends are expected to attend the event. No cricketers have been invited and there is no information whether Anushka’s cine friends will be attending.
2. Anushka-Virat’s wedding ceremonies will be held over three days with rumours saying the wedding is expected to take place on December 12. However, some reports say the wedding might be solemnised on December 18.
3. Anushka Sharma was spotted at the Mumbai airport on Thursday as she left for Milan with father Ajay Kumar, mother Ashima and brother Karnesh. The family carried massive bags inside the airport and avoided talking to the gathered press.
4. Virat Kohli was reportedly spotted at the Delhi airport on Thursday night and boarded a 2:45 am flight. He was wearing a jacket, and had covered his face with a hood.
5. Anushka and Virat are expected to get their marriage registered in Bandra, Mumbai on January 12.
6. Virat’s childhood coach, Rajkumar Sharma may also attend the wedding. Sharma is also the coach of the Under-23 Delhi team. According to reports, he has taken break to attend his ‘nephew’s wedding’.
7. According to an India Today report, celeb designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee was spotted outside Anushka’s house. It speculated that he might design the actor’s wedding trousseau.
8. The couple has reportedly booked make-up artists and wedding photographers and they will travel to Italy for the celebrations.
9. Anushka’s family priest, Maharaj Anant Baba of Anant Dham Atmabodh Ashram in Haridwar, was also spotted at the airport on Thursday night with Anushka’s family. He had performed a pooja with Virat and Anushka in Haridwar last year.
10. A leading daily reported that Anushka’s father personally informed their close friends about the nuptials. He also asked them to keep the news private.
Virat and Anushka have been dating each other since 2013 after meeting during the shoot of a television commercial. Their relationship often made headlines, with rumours of a split in 2015. They were reunited in 2016, after the cricketer hit back at trolls for targeting Anushka over his batting form.