It’s understood Sukhraj’s father was dropping off her seven-month-old sibling at their grandparents’ house when the crime took place.
The second crime scene is located on the spot where the hijackers’ vehicle collided with a truck after the suspects realised the street they used to escape on was a cul-de-sac.
Devika Sukhraj, who lived with the child and her parents, has described her as a spiritual child.
“Her name actually means ‘chosen by God’ and she actually wanted to get into ministry and help her dad. Her dad is a pastor.”
#ShallcrossShooting [WATCH] A family member,Devika Sukhraj, describes how 9-year-old Sadia Sukhraj was a spiritual child who loved her family and 7-month old sibling. Sadia died in hospital this morning after being shot in the stomach during a hijacking. ZN pic.twitter.com/eXk02bGaoL
— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) May 28, 2018
The police’s Nqobile Gwala says one of the hijackers died on the scene after the collision. One suspect was arrested while another remains at large.
There are conflicting reports about whether little Sadia Sukhraj was already wounded by the time the hijackers sped off with the stolen vehicle.
A police investigation is underway.
ALSO MUST READ:
- Petition garners more than 60 thousand signatures
- Honour for the policeman who caught Sadia Sukhraj’s alleged killer
- Defense lawyer for Sadia Sukhraj’s killer receives death threats
- VIDEO: Dad Shailendra Sukhraj breaks down during service of daughter Sadia
- #SadiaSukhraj: Minister Bheki Cele warns Chatsworth residents against vigilantism
- Shallcross Shooting: Here’s the man who allegedly killed Sadia Sukhraj
- VIDEO: Watch the funeral service of little Sadia Sukhraj