Adapted from a recipe by Nigel Slater
500g- Jamun (Black Plum)
2 tbsp- Sugar
2 tbsp- White wine (optional)
2- Free range eggs
½ tsp- Vanilla extract
30g- Butter, melted
2 tbsp- Demerara sugar
Some icing sugar for dusting
*Stone the jamuns and cut them in half.
* Toss them with 2 tbsp of sugar and wine. Leave to macerate for a couple of hours.
* Butter a baking dish and dust it with the demerara sugar.
* Put the jamuns at the bottom of the pan.
* Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F.
* Beat the sugar and eggs together.
* Add sieved flour, milk and vanilla extract, and mix well. Stir in the melted butter.
* Pour the batter over the jamuns. Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
* Dust with icing sugar.
* Serve warm with custard or ice cream. Though a cold jamun clafoutis is quite delicious as well.