Chicken seems to always just hit the right spot for us! Try this super delicious Saffron Chicken with Lemon and Parsley which is a pure delight for your taste buds.
It is a Continental recipe that is surely going to win all the hearts. Made with juicy chicken breasts, onions, green olives, saffron, lemon juice, parsley, virgin olive oil, butter and salt, this non-vegetarian recipe will leave you craving for more. This mouth-watering delicacy is perfect for occasions like buffets, kitty parties and potlucks.
Combine this main dish recipe with some rice or salad and satiate the foodie in you. So, try out this lip-smacking chicken recipe for your next house party and relish it’s delicious flavors with your loved ones!
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt as required
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 onion
- 4 tablespoon green olives
- 1/2 cup parsley
How to make Saffron Chicken with Lemon and Parsley
- Step 1 To prepare this main dish recipe, wash the boneless chicken breasts under running water and pat dry them. Now, using a chopping board, cut the boneless chicken breasts into pieces while thinly slice the onions and chop the parsley leaves and green olives.
- Step 2 Now, place a pan over medium flame and heat olive oil along with butter in it. When the oil is hot enough, add the boneless chicken pieces in it and stir fry for about 5-7 minutes. Next, remove from heat and transfer the chicken pieces to a plate and keep aside. Place the same pan over medium flame and add sliced onions in it. Saute for 10-12 minutes, until the onions are brown and crisp. Transfer the fried onions in a separate plate.
- Step 3 Now, add the chicken pieces back into the pan, and cover them with fried onions. Then, put another pan over medium flame and add the chicken stock along with saffron in it. Stir it constantly so that saffron dissolves in the stock. Once done, pour saffron-chicken stock over the chicken pieces and onions. Sprinkle salt and let it simmer over low flame with covered lid for around 30 minutes or till the chicken pieces are tender and cooked well.
- Step 4 Now, add chopped green olives, chopped parsley and lemon juice to it. You can also add a little water, if needed and simmer it for 10-12 more minutes. Once done, transfer to a bowl and serve hot with rice or salad to enjoy!