Egg katori is a fun way to healthy and nourishing breakfast. And it is super easy. Just cut your favourite omelette vegetables, add in a bowl with eggs and bake.
With different flavour combinations, these egg katoris are great when you have many people over and want to do something like eggs on demand! Try flavours like the basic cheese omelette or the classic tomato basil omelette or something more experimental! In this recipe, I bring to you 4 popular omelette combinations made into egg katori.
* Indian Masala: Onion, green chillies, and cumin
* Basic Cheese: Grated cheddar, spring onion, and dried oregano
* Tomato Basil: Cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, and dried oregano
* Spinach Mushroom: Mushroom, baby spinach, dried thyme
What other flavours would you try with this simple recipe?
Prep: 5 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves 4
3 – Eggs
2 tbsp – Milk
Salt to taste
Mixed vegetables and cheese (see flavour combinations above)
1 tbsp – Butter, softened
* Grease four oven-proof katoris (I have used ceramic ramekins) with butter. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
* Crack the eggs in a glass or a small jar. Mix in the milk and salt. Whisk well.
* Chop the different omelette vegetable combinations you want to make. * Since each egg katori is less than one egg, you need very little of the veggies.
* Add the different vegetable combinations in each katori. In this recipe, I have used the above mentioned 4 omelette combinations.
* Divide the egg and milk mixture into the katoris.
* Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes till the eggs are set.
* Serve immediately. Be careful that the katoris will be hot. You can serve them in the katori itself with a fork or remove them on a plate.