It’s clearly a bitter-sweet moment as Shirdika Pillai was informed today, 3 August that her journey with Lotus FM has come to an end.
Pillai’s contract was terminated following a suspension over an email which did not apparently follow protocol. The email was in relation to concerns over budgets at the station for the radio shows.
Pillai fired off the email including related Lotus FM staff and senior SABC executives Chris Maroleng, COO Chris Madoda, Nada Wotshela and Leuba Ramakgolo.
What was contained in the email?
The email that led to Pillai’s suspension contained her frustration over budgets and allocation of the spend to each show, it was clear in the email that Pillay attempted the proper channels to address the matter but was left with no option but to prepare the email and send to all concerned.
Pillai indicated that the former Programme Manager, Santosh Beharie – who has been axed from the station – was ‘clueless’ in addressing this matter properly and so was station manager, Alvin Pillay.
You can read the email here that was leaked into the public domain
Pillai has been with the station for over 9 years and also for the past 7 years where has worked in television; she also presents Sadhana – The Inward Path which flights every Sunday on SABC 3 at 7am.
STORIES YOU HAVE TO READ:
- #SABC: Santosh Beharie axed from Lotus FM as Programme Manager
- Lotus FM staffer’s sex videos gone viral on Whatsapp
- Mishka Gounden infuriates a listener who has questions for Lotus FM management
- Lotus FM suspends veteran radio jock Shirdika Pillai
- Lotus FM tries once more to come back to life
- LotusFM Shuffles Their Programming
- LotusFM DJ Sex Tapes: Explosive new videos emerge
- Lotus FM: Ryan Naicker Resigns After Suspension
- LotusFM: Neville Pillay Has Walked Out
- The letter that sparked the waves to cause the return of Varshan Sookhun back to the Bollywood Billboard show. Here’s what the reader asked Lotus FM management in the letter: http://bit.ly/2rjO9k9