Tevin Naidu removed from The Bachelor South Africa

DURBAN – Embattled Dr Tevin Naidu has been removed from his capacity in marketing of The Bachelor South Africa after his offensive comments about molestation on social media this week.

Tevin Naidu
The finale of Survivor SA of which Naidu is also part of aired on MNet this past Thursday evening. As a contestant on this reality series show, Naidu was the sixth person to be voted off the show.

He has also issued an apology via Instagram  on Wednesday night and accepted his post was “distasteful and offensive” asking for forgiveness from South Africans for his error in judgement.

M-Net spokesperson Lani Lombard said the pay channel did not condone abuse and said they would no longer be working with Naidu.

“M-Net does not condone any type of abuse, or references to it, in any context and viewed Tevin Naidu’s offensive Instagram comment in a serious light. Tevin was part of the initial marketing activities to recruit female contestants for the new dating show The Bachelor South Africa but will not be involved in the remainder of the campaign,” said Lombard. 

Tevin Naidu’s apology on Instagram

To everyone affected and offended by my social media post directly or indirectly, I would like to issue a formal apology to all of you. My post was made in jest and unfortunately – it lacked sensitivity, was completely distasteful, and offensive. I truly regret having posted what I did and I would like to categorically state that I had no malicious intentions. I can only ask that this unfortunate incident be put down to my lack of better judgement at the time. Molestation is clearly not an issue to be mixed with humor and I understand that the lack of judgement and error on my part has offended many people and I am truly sorry for this. I can only pray and hope that my indiscretion in this regard can be forgiven and my apology accepted.

A post shared by Tevin Naidu (@tevinnaidu) on

Naidu, who is an intern doctor at the King Edward VIII Hospital in Durban, said in his apology: “To everyone affected and offended by my social media post directly or indirectly, I would like to issue a formal apology to all of you. My post was made in jest and unfortunately – it lacked sensitivity, was completely distasteful, and offensive. I truly regret having posted what I did, and would like to categorically state that I had no malicious intentions. I can only ask that this unfortunate incident be put down to my lack of better judgement at the time.”

He said in his apology that molestation clearly was not an issue to be mixed with humour.

“I understand that the lack of judgement and error on my part has offended many people and I am truly sorry for this. I can only pray and hope that my indiscretion in this regard can be forgiven and my apology accepted,” wrote Naidu.

Naidu was recently a participant on Survivor South Africa and had been involved in marketing as a “stand-in bachelor” for MNet’s new The Bachelor South Africa reality dating show.

The finale of Survivor SA of which Naidu is also part of aired on MNet this past Thursday evening. As a contestant on this reality series show, Naidu was the sixth person to be voted off the show.

ALSO READ: KZN’s Department of Health investigating the matter of Naidu’s comments on social media

Sources: IOL, The South African


About Indianspice Staff Reporter

Report and write stories for Indianspice.co.za. It is our ambitious goal to cover issues/events/news concerning South Africa and the diaspora.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.