It was a packed courtroom again for the bail hearing of #PhoenixTripleMurder accused, Colin Pillay at the Verulam Magistrate court today, Wednesday – 3 October 2018.
The slain trio’s family filled up the court waiting for the accused to appear, Pillay faces three counts of premeditated murder and 1 count of robbery with aggravated circumstances.
As murder accused Colin Pillay stepped into the dock, family and friends of the deceased yelled at him to face the media cameras.
“The devil is hiding his face” yelled one woman from the public gallery as accused Colin Pillay sits in the dock #PhoenixTripleMurders
The husband and father, Sagren Govender sits in a blue shirt in the background. He does not look at Pillay, who is accused of murdering Govender’s wife and two daughters #PhoenixTripleMurder @TheMercurySA pic.twitter.com/3S4RQKeBIo— Kailene Pillay (@kailenepillay) October 3, 2018
Media allowed permission to film/photograph accused
Magistrate Ncumisa Gcolotela overturned the decision by Magistrate Irfaan Khalil not to allow the media to take pictures & videos of #PhoenixTripleMurder accused Colin Pillay.
The husband and father of three slain Phoenix women sat in the blue shirt did not even flinch or look in the direction of the accused, Colin Pillay at Verulam Magistrate’s Court.
Defence requested an adjournment of the matter as he requires more time to consult with accused. The case has been remanded until next week.
No bail protest outside the court
- Triple Murder: Accused Colin Pillay hides from media; father doesn’t look at the alleged murderer
- #VIDEO: #TripleMurder: This is painful to watch as family bade farewell
- A heartbreaking moment as family bade farewell to triple murder victims
- Sagren Govindasamy, father of the slain trio speaks out
- TripleMurder: Heartbroken fiance, Macaelin Padayachee mourns loss
- Phoenix triple murder shocks community; family inconsolable
- TripleMurder: Accused faints in holding cells