This week’s guests on Koffee With Karan were Varun Dhawan and Katrina Kaif.
Though the two stars will soon share the screen space in Remo D’Souza’s untitled 3D dance film, that was not the agenda on the show.
Johar’s questions, provocative and frivolous by equal measure, made the two actors touch upon a lot of subjects, like relationships, past issues, and Salman Khan.
During the last season, Katrina had mentioned that Varun and Arjun Kapoor founded the ‘I Hate Katrina Kaif’ club after Salman Khan put Dhawan in place when the young star tried to flirt with his then-girlfriend. Katrina argued that Kapoor and Dhawan founded that club as they liked her and wanted her attention. But on the latest episode, Varun broke the bubble when he clarified that the purpose of the club was to grab the attention of not Katrina, but Salman “Bhai” Khan.
1. When Varun explained that his “I Hate Katrina” Club with Arjun Kapoor was made for a very strange reason:
2. When Katrina was me AF about her excitement about the upcoming celeb weddings of DeepVeer and PC and Nick:
3. When Varun Dhawan defended Katrina’s choice to stay single:
4. When Katrina dropped some much-needed gyaan on self-love:
5. When she tried to cut the awkwardness by side-stepping Karan’s question:
6. When she finally maintained that Alia and her are still friends:
7. When Varun Dhawan vowed to make sure Katrina is paid the same as him for their next film together:
8. When Salman made fun of Katrina’s poor Hindi:
9. When Varun’s mom opened up about this hilarious story from his childhood:
10. When Mini Mathur revealed what we’ve always known about Katrina:
11. When we learned that Katrina is that friend who takes your things and never returns them:
12. When Varun just needed to answer nature’s call:
13. When he made for a very good paparazzi guy:
14. And when Karan was basically all of us trying to get the tea:
Watch the full episode on Hotstar and every Sunday, 9 PM on Star World.
The next episode of Koffee with Karan season 6 will see Saif Ali Khan share the couch with daughter Sara Ali Khan, who will soon make her Bollywood debut with Abhishek Kapoor’s romantic drama Kedarnath.