While meat eaters may scorn at the idea of being vegan, it is actually a highly-nutritious diet, that is low in fats and provides heart and bone health.
Here’s a lip-smacking delicious recipe to satiate your taste buds for the banana cutlet.
Time: 30 mins | Serves: 4
100g — Boiled and mashed potatoes
Salt to taste
5g —Red crushed chili
5g — Crushed black pepper
30g — Peas boiled
30g — Carrot diced, boiled
30g — Beans diced, boiled
250g — Raw Banana mash, boiled
5g — Fried and crushed cumin seeds
4 — Green chilies (thinly chopped)
1/2 bunch — Fresh coriander (chopped)
10 to 12 — Mint leaves
Breadcrumbs as required
Oil as required to fry
* Take a bowl. Add mashed potato, boiled vegetables, steamed banana mash, salt, crushed red chilies, black pepper, and cumin seeds. Mix well.
* Then take a small portion of potato mix and green masala and make cutlet shape.
* When it’s done, dip in lightly beaten batter, then roll in breadcrumbs.
* Then put them in the fridge for 1/2 an hour.
* Shallow fry in oil from both sides until golden brown.
* Serve with any kind of sauce or chutney.
(Note: You can use cornflour batter or rice flour batter and then crumb the balls.)