While meat eaters may scorn at the idea of being vegan, it is actually a highly-nutritious diet, that is low in fats and provides heart and bone health.
Here’s a lip-smacking delicious recipe to satiate your taste buds for the papad taco.
2/3 cup — Crushed walnuts
8 ounces — Button mushrooms, sliced
4 cups — Cauliflower florets, chopped
1 tsp — Extra virgin olive oil
1 — Garlic Clove (minced)
2 tsp — Jalapeno (minced)
1 tsp — Chili powder
1 tsp — Ground cumin
1/4 tsp — Dried oregano
1 tsp — Fine sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh cilantro leaves (for garnish)
1 small — Sweet potato (peeled and sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds)
3 — Limes (quartered)
Papad (roasted and mold into taco)
* In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until ground but not powdered, about 7 pulses. Transfer to a large bowl.
* Place the mushrooms in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped, about 15 pulses. Add them to the bowl with the walnuts.
* Place the cauliflower in the food processor and pulse until crumbled, about 10 pulses. Do not over pulse. Add to the bowl with the walnuts, and mushrooms.
* Heat the olive oil in a large, wide skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic and jalapeno and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
* Add the cauliflower mixture, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is no longer crunchy, about 5 minutes.
* Stir in the beans and cook for 2 minutes, until heated through. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
* Transfer the meat mixture to a serving bowl and top with the cilantro and iceberg.
Serve alongside the papad shells, lime wedges, and optional toppings of your choosing for tableside assembly.