Braving intense chill, thousands of devotees took a dip in the River Ganga on Monday on the occasion of Paush Purnima – the second auspicious bathing day of the Kumbh Mela.
From Sunday night itself, the Sangam area was buzzing with activity as devotees started arriving even as security forces maintained a close watch on the movement of pilgrims and visitors at the mela venue.
Even before sunrise, devotees were seen coming out from the ghats after taking the dip.
Thousands of devotees have taken a dip so far on the occasion of Paush Purnima.
Drone cameras are being used to keep a watch and maintain a vigil over the mela area, Mela adhikaari.
Here are some visuals of this special event at Kumbh Mela 2019
1. Devotees flocking for Paush Purnima bath
2. Paush Purnima marks the begiinning of Kalp Vaas(the period of austerity)
3. Full moon over Sangam
Significant day for Hindus
5. ‘Jap’, ‘Tap’ and ‘Daan’: Renunciation of the world pleasures
6. Kinnar Akhara on ‘Shahi Snan’
7. Third ‘shahi snaan’ on Feb 4