IFA Rocks 2019 was held at Dome@NSCI, SVP Stadium in Mumbai. It was hosted by Ali Fazal and Radhika Apte.
For the uninitiated, IIFA Rocks is an attempt at showcasing the best of what Bollywood has to offer to the world in terms of fashion, music as well as general entertainment.
Katrina Kaif, Vicky Kaushal, Armaan Malik, Gulshan Grover, Harshdeep Kaur, Kabir Bedi, Mrunal Thakur, Radhika Madan, Ramesh Sippy, Resul Pookutty, Richa Chadha, Sonu Sood, Sophie Chaudhary, Suresh Oberoi, Urvashi Rautela, Dilip Tahil and Aditi Rao Hydari among others attended IIFA Rocks 2019.
View this post on Instagram
As everyone waits for #IIFAAwards2019 with bated breath, the pre-award event, #IIFARocks kicked off in #Mumbai on Monday night. The event is lined up with some amazing performances including ones by #AmitTrivedi #NehaKakkar #SalimSulaiman and designers #ShantanuNikhil will also be displaying their latest designs. . The 'green' carpet as it is called, was graced by #Andhadhun director #SriramRaghavan #AliFazal #RadhikaApte #AparshaktiKhurrana and more. Take a look at the pictures here: . Are you following us on #Twitter & #Instagram? #spiceofi . #Desi #News #CrownTheBrown #India #IndianLifestyle #Bollywood #IndianDiaspora #news that matters to #SouthAfrica visit www.indianspice.co.za
In an interview with indianexpress.com, Ali had shared his excitement about hosting the mega show.
“They (IIFA) are the ones who have taken a risk on me. I like talking. Let’s see how this one goes. I have never hosted before. It’s going to be fun because I know Radhika as well. She is a friend. It’s a fun team,” the actor said.
The night saw performances by Amit Trivedi, Salim-Sulaiman, Neha Kakkar, Jassi Gill, Dhvani Bhanushali, Ranjit Barot and Tulsi Kumar among others. In addition to that, popular designers such as Shantanu & Nikhil and Kunal Rawal took over the ramp with their designs.
IIFA Awards 2019 will take place on September 18. It will be hosted by Dream Girl star Ayushmann Khurrana. The main event, like IIFA Rocks, will also be held in Mumbai.
Salim-Suleiman and a host of singers pay tribute to 20 years of IIFA. The tribute includes songs like “Chupke Se”, “Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai”, “Dil Chahta Hai” and “Kal Ho Na Ho”.
Here’s the winners
- Best Choreography award: The Best Choreography award goes to Kruti Mahesh Midya and Jyothi D Tommaar for “Ghoomar” from Padmaavat.
- Best Dialogue award: The Best Dialogue award goes to Akshat Ghildial for Badhaai Ho.
- Best Screenplay award: The Best Screenplay award goes to Sriram Raghavan, Arijit Biswas, Pooja Ladha Surti, Yogesh Chandekar and Hemanth Rao for Andhadhun.
- Best Special Effects award: The Best Special Effects award goes to Tumbbad.
- The Best Cinematographer award goes to Sudeep Chatterjee for Padmaavat.
- The Best Editor award goes to Pooja Ladha Surti for Andhadhun.
- The Best Background Score award goes to Daniel George for Andhadhun.
- Nakash Aziz, Jonita Gandhi and Ranjit Barot among others bring the house down with songs like “Ghoomar” and “Ek Chalo Re”
- The Best Sound Mixing award goes to Ajay Kumar PB for Andhadhun
- The Best Sound Design award goes to Kunal Sharma for Tumbbad.