Newsbreak Lotus FM of SABC News is the award-winning current affairs and news talk show on SABC’s Lotus FM.
SABC NEWS: Newsbreak Lotus FM serves latest breaking Indian lifestyle news current affairs & topical news for the South African Indian community & the Indian diaspora.
Tune in for the latest news making headlines between 6-7 am & 1-1:30 pm weekdays and weekends from 1-2pm.
Latest breaking SABC News and current affairs podcasts
- By Newsbreak Producer, Taliesha Naidoo – Former President Jacob Zuma is threatening to lay a criminal charge against Advocate Billy Downer following the alleged leak of a doctor's letter on his […]
- By Newsbreak Producer, Genevieve Lanka and Taliesha Naidoo – The alleged mastermind behind the murder of 28-year-old Tshegofatso Pule has been denied bail by the High Court in Johannesburg. 32-year old […]
- By Newsbreak Producer, Rachel Vadi – The ability to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation or – CPR – is a critical life-saving skill. This is according to Durban anesthesiologist – Dr Mahomed Raiman. […]
- #PODCAST Department of Justice and Constitutional Development remain defiant after their IT systems were breached by hackersBy Newsbreak Producer Hoosen Ebrahim – The hackers who infiltrated the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development's IT systems have demanded a ransom of 50 Bitcoin – which equates to over […]
- By Newsbreak Producer Tashlan Naidoo – A local app developer has added a South African touch to a new application aimed at assisting students of all ages from learning the alphabet […]
- #PODCAST The defence accuse Advocate Billy Downer of "improper conduct" – as the Zuma-Thales trial continues…The Pietermaritzburg High Court started hearing former president Jacob Zuma's special plea that state prosecutor – Billy Downer – recuse himself from the multi-billion rand arms deal trial. The defence accused […]
- #PODCAST KZN Philharmonic Orchestra among the performers on show at this week's #HeritageDay rice drive in VerulamBy Newsbreak Producer Rachel Vadi – In celebration of Heritage Day this Friday, a group of young humanitarians have decided to spend the day collecting rice for the needy. He event […]
- By Newsbreak Producer Genevieve Lanka – As phase two of the Pfizer COVID-19 clinical trial for children aged five to eleven shows favourable results, parents are faced with a critical decision […]
- By Newsbreak Producer, Taliesha Naidoo – A local security company is urging citizens to refrain from resisting when asked by criminals to hand over valuable items, especially during hijackings. This after a […]
- By Newsbreak Producer, Rachel Vadi – A leading South African media personality has now taken to the helm of the International Press Institute (IPI) – the world's oldest media watchdog organisation. […]