#DURBAN: Kessie Nair, the infamous ex-convict who landed in hot water after racist utterances against South African president, Cyril Ramaphosa is now a free man.
Nair’s year-long debacle since September 2018 also saw him celebrating his 60th birthday in prison. Nair’s attorney, Chris Gounden confirmed that charges were withdrawn against his client speaking to Post Newspaper.
Chris Gounden, Nair’s legal representative argued that the State was on a witch hunt to persecute Nair and that “he is being persecuted because he’s Indian”.Post Newspaper
“The SPP declined to prosecute,” said Gounden.
He said they were pleased with the decision and would not comment any further. After two failed bail applications he was finally released on R2500 bail in December.
It is also understood that Nair was to be committed to KZN’s mental facility at Fort Napier in Pietermaritzburg for a psychiatric evaluation in April before his impending trial, however he did not attend the sessions.
The National Prosecuting Authority Kholiswa Mdhluli spokesperson stated that due to a lack of cooperation from the Presidency in respect to the matter that the case has been dropped.
- Kessie Nair ‘is clearly a sick person’, says Presidential spokesperson
- WATCH: Dasen Thathiah interviews Kessie Nair who says he is fearless of what happens next to him.
- #KessieNair is mentally unwell, family issue statement while a high level investigation underway by South African Police Service
- Rajesh Gopie: Racist post lands actor in trouble
- Devi Munisami calls Indian Spice editor a ‘faggot’
- Assertiveness is needed in tackling racism
- On the Indian Question in South Africa: A response to mob psychologists
- Your tongue is a weapon, use it carefully
- Assertiveness Needed In Tackling Racism
- Indians Are Racist: Julius Malema
- Indians Must Confront Their Racist Tendency
- To #TakeOnRacism Unity & A Lifetime Commitment Is Needed
Source input: Post Newspaper