Thaipusam Kavady 2020 Dates
- Flag hoisting is on Thursday, 30 January 2020.
- Main Day and Public Day is on Saturday, 8 February 2020, starting at 6am for kavady preparations.
- The flag will be brought down on 8 February 2020.
|Thai Poosam Kavady (Main Day)||7 am||30 Jan 2020|
|Thai Poosam Kavady (Public Day)||6 am||8 Feb 2020|
|Maasi Magam||6 pm||8 Mar 2020|
|Maha Shivarathri||6 pm||21 Feb 2020|
|Panguni Utthiram||6 pm||6 Apr 2020|
For further information please contact Guru on 079 696 6445.
Through the resident priest, the Temple offers a range of religious services to our devotees and visitors, these include:
- Book Readings
- Wedding auspicious dates
- Conducting wedding ceremonies
- Navagraha Poojas
- Car Prayers
- House Prayers
- Names for new borns
Please feel to consult with the resident Guru on religious services not listed.
A nominal charge, subject to affordability, is made for any bookings or consultations, which helps to offset the cost of maintaining the Temple. Receipts are issued for these.
However, Guru Dakshina is offered at your discretion to Guru, for which no receipt is issued.
For auspicious times during a day, click here.
- For the Navagraha (9 Planets) Prayer List, please click here
- For the Car Prayer List, please click here
- For the House Prayer List, please click here
- For the VaraLutchmee Prayer List, please click here
- For the Garagam Prayer List, please click here
- Thaipusam Kavady: A Conversation With Melrose Muruga
- Have you read ‘A Deal With Mother Kali’ by Naufal Khan
- South African Hindu Calendars 2020
- Public and School Holidays 2020 Calendar
- About Melrose Shree Siva Subramaniar Temple
- Growing up in the shade of Devi Sankaree Govender
- Have you read Zulu Hogwarts: The Sugar In My Blood