Kavitha Nerputh Murder Accused Abandons Bail Application

INSET: Simphiwe Mweli (37), in the green shirt, has been charged with the murder of Kavitha Nerputh. | Image Source: The Witness

PIETERMARITZBURG: The man accused of murdering Pietermaritzburg businesswoman – Kavitha Nerputh has abandoned his bail application.

Simphiwe Msweli made a brief appearance, in the Pietermaritzburg Magistrate’s Court last week, where he has been charged with murder. The 41-year-old Nerputh was found dead in her vehicle at the Alexandra Park in Scottsville in January. It’s believed she was strangled to death with a cellphone charger cable.

Listen to the Newsbreak Lotus FM podcast

National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Natasha Ramkisson-Kara says Msweli abandoned his right to apply for bail. Ramkisson-Kara says the matter has been adjourned to March 18.

For more Kavitha Nerputh news stories episodes, click here.

TRENDING STORIES

📣 Follow Indian Spice on TwitterInstagramFacebookTelegramTikTok and on YouTube, and stay updated with the latest South African Indian and international Indian news.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.