Chef Vicky Ratnani shares a recipe for this savoury bread bake that’s a perfect immunity booster for your body with bold tastes of turmeric and black pepper. The spice turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. The yellow spice contains curcumin which is the main active ingredient is generally poorly absorbed by your bloodstream but combined with black pepper, which contains a natural substance called piperine that enhances the absorption of curcumin by 2,000%.
- All-purpose flour 150g
- Flour X 200g
- Turmeric 8g
- Black pepper 8g
- Yeast 2.5 g
- Sugar pinch
- Water 275 ml
- Salt 9g
- Olive oil 15ml
- Dissolve the yeast in water, salt, sugar and let it stand for 2 minutes.. you will see a few tiny bubbles.
- Add the liquid slowly into the flours and mix until dough stretches by bubble gum
- Pour the dough into a greased baking dish.
- Proof the bread for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 210 C
- Bake for 55 minutes
You will have to watch and maybe turn the tray depends on the oven. I have a small oven at home where I bake, nothing fancy as I have been only doing roasts and other grills in the oven. New to baking but loving it so much. After taking it out, brush turmeric and coriander seed flavoured olive oil.
Have you checked out our Gastronomy section with loads of Indian food recipes click here