Vegetarian seekh kebabs are a wonderful addition to your family dining time experience which you make at home. Taking guidance from Indian celebrity chef, Kunal Kapur, he recently shared a recipe for the vegetarian seekh kebab on his Instagram profile.
In Chef Kunal’s cooking demonstration you will notice he uses fresh crunchy wholesome vegetables, so you can also variate the ingredients. For this recipe, Kapur uses cauliflower, carrots and beans and is prepared on the tawa (flat iron).
2 tbsp – Ghee
1 tsp – Cumin seeds
1/4 – Carrots, finely chopped
1/4 – Beans, chopped
1/4 – Cauliflower, chopped
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp – Red chilli powder
1 – Green chilli, chopped
1 tsp – Coriander powder
1/2 tsp – Cumin powder
2 tsp – Ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp – Dried methi powder
1/2 tsp – Garam masala
1/2 cup -Cheese, grated
1/2 cup – Mashed paneer
1/2 cup – Mashed potato
2-3 tbsp – Roasted besan
* Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds.
* Now add carrots, beans and cauliflower. Saute lightly and toss for about two to three minutes.
* Transfer the vegetables in a plate and let it cool.
* To this, add salt, red chilli powder and green chilli. Add coriander powder, cumin powder, ginger and dried methi powder. To this, add a pinch of garam masala.
* Add grated cheese, paneer and mashed potato. Add roasted besan.
* Mix all the ingredients well.
* Once done, take a portion of the mixture and roll it around a seekh. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
* Heat a tawa and pour some ghee.
* Place the seekh kebabs on the tawa and cook on high flame. Fry it lightly on all sides. Plate it.
Have you checked out our Gastronomy section with loads of Indian food recipes click here
The papad stuffed paratha recipe to try out,