Indian food blogger Reshu Drolia the founder of Mints Recipes shares this easy-to-make recipe for Lauki Barfi that you can try at home.
300 g – Lauki (bottle gourd), sliced
⅛ cup – Ghee
1 cup – Coconut, desiccated
200 g – Khoya
1 tsp – Cardamom powder
¾ cup – Sugar
2-3 drops- Green food colour
Dry fruits, chopped
- Peel the lauki skin from the slices. Now carefully slice off the white portion. Remove all the seeds. Now grate lauki and keep it in a bowl.
- Using your hands, squeeze out the excess water in the grated lauki. Grind the white portion that you had removed earlier.
- In a pan, heat ghee. Once the ghee melts, add the grated lauki. Add the white portion. Mix and cook on a medium flame for about five to six minutes. Cover it with a lid and cook for another seven to eight minutes.
- After this, remove the lid and saute for a while.
- Once the lauki is cooked completely, add desiccated coconut and mix.
- Add khoya, cardamom powder, and sugar, and mix again on low flame. Cook for five minutes.
- Turn off the flame and add green food colour and chopped dry fruits. Mix well.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper. Add the barfi mixture and spread it out evenly.
- On top of this, add silver leaf or varak. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Take it out after an hour and slice it into small squares. Your lauki barfi is ready.
Have you checked out our Gastronomy section with loads of Indian food recipes click here