Another startling twist in the suicide case of Sushant Singh Rajput as his grieving father lodges an official charge against Rhea Chakraborty, the longtime girlfriend of Rajput. Krishna Kumar Singh has made a series of allegations against her in the first incident report (FIR) was filed at Rajiv Nagar Police Station in Patna, reports TOI. The shocking allegations accuse Rhea of controlling all circumstances of Sushant Singh Rajput’s life.
The Rajput family has alleged that it was due to actions of Rhea Chakraborty that their son severely cut off from his family. According to news source News18, the case has been lodged under sections 341 (punishment for wrongful restraint), 342 (punishment for wrongful confinement), 380 (theft in dwelling house), 406 (punishment for criminal breach of trust), 420 (Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property) and 306 (abetment of suicide) of the Indian Penal Code. It is understood that Chakraborty is planning to apply for interim bail, the actor’s lawyer Anandini Fernandes had met with the Jalebi actor last night after the FIR was filed. Fernandes was seen leaving Chakraborty’s residence after three hours.
In the 6-page long charge document, Sushant’s father alleges that Rhea, her close friends and family manipulated Rajput for financial greed. Singh also alleged that the Chakraborty family had kept him confined and pressurised him into many decisions.
Here’s a detailed look at his accusations against Rhea Chakraborty,
1. He alleged that Rhea added conditions to films that were offered to Sushant – that he should take on the film if only if she gets to play the lead actress.
2. Rhea allegedly got Sushant to shift from his original house to a resort claiming that the house was “haunted”. Later they allegedly moved to her house after which she gave him an overdose of medicines.
3. Rhea allegedly wanted SSR to get medically treated as he used to talk “weird things”. Later, she allegedly got Sushant treated by “conniving” doctors for mental illness all the while keeping the Rajput family in the dark.
4. Rhea allegedly told everyone that Sushant had dengue which, according to his father, he never had.
5. She also apparently fired Sushant’s “trustworthy staff” including his bodyguard and replaced them with the people who she knows.
6. Rhea’s family allegedly started controlling everything about SSR’s life after which he lost contact with his own family.
7. She also made Sushant change his mobile number and gave him a new sim card issued in the name of ‘Samial Miranda’, a close friend of the actress.
8. SSR’s father alleged that Rs 15 crore out of Rs 17 crore was transferred from Sushant’s account to other accounts, which are not connected to the actor.
9. He revealed that Sushant wanted to leave the film industry and go to Coorg, Kerala, to pursue farming and was looking for a land too. On knowing about this, Rhea threatened him by saying “she would give his medical documents to media” and “destroy him using her connections”.
10. On 8 June, Rhea allegedly left Sushant’s Mumbai residence with all the pieces of evidence like his laptop, his cash, jewellery, his cards, and his documents related to his treatment after he didn’t agree to her terms. She also was unwilling to stay after she got to know that his bank balance has reduced.
11. The late actor allegedly tried called Rhea several times but she had blocked his number.
12. Around this time, SSR’s manager Disha had committed suicide. He was allegedly scared that Rhea might “implicate” him in the case. Sushant’s father added that it was Rhea who had hired Disha in the first place.
13. Krishna Kumar Singh claimed that he tried to talk to his late son on several occasions but Rhea and her family members didn’t let it happen. They also didn’t “allow” his son to visit Patna. She created “distance” between Sushant and his family.
14. He also invoked the provisions of the Mental Health Care Act and claimed that it was the “machinations” of Rhea and her family against his son that drove him to suicide.
Mr. Singh urged the police to investigate all of Sushant’s bank accounts, credit cards and how much he had spent on Rhea and her close ones.
The global lockdown has everyone’s mental health in a spin! Have you checked out our Mental Health resources by Indian Spice click here
The South African Depression And Anxiety Group (SADAG) is Africa’s largest mental health support and advocacy group open 7 days a week from 8am – 8pm. If you are needing a referral to a psychologist, psychiatrist or support group call SADAG on 011 234 4837 or 0800 20 50 26 and speak to a trained counselor who can assist you further. Substance abuse hotline: 0800 12 13 14 is available 24hrs or alternatively email Zane on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist. India Helplines: Aasra: 022 2754 6669; Sneha India Foundation: +914424640050 and Sanjivini: 011-24311918
Stay at home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority during the coronavirus crisis.
Connect with the Coronavirus Whatsapp services below
- Coronavirus India Whatsapp tap here
- Coronavirus South Africa Whatsapp tap here
- SA Hotline Number: 0800 029 999
For more related coronavirus (COVID-19) latest news and stories click here