Why not warm up tummies at home with the Fry’s Avo Salsa Summer Burger topped with Chunky Avo and Peppadew Salsa, Cucumber Ribbons, Toasted Seeds, Fried Onion and Radish. This easy-to-make Fry’s burger can be served as a main course with prep time taking just 20 minutes and cooking time in ten minutes!
The new formula Traditional and Spiced Burgers are juicier and tastier and higher in protein (the Traditional Burger will now have 27% more protein, and the Spiced Burger will have an extra 14%).
Here’s the Fry’s burger recipe,
- 2 boxes Fry’s Traditional Burgers
- Seed mix (of your choices – such as sunflower, sesame and poppy seeds)
- 1 white onion, sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 health rolls (of your choice)
These improved Traditional & Spiced burgers will be in the frozen section of major retailers from the end of July and early August at the recommended retail price of R46.99 per pack.
For the Avo and Peppadew Salsa
- 2 avocados
- 12 Peppadews, thinly sliced
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced
- cucumber, sliced into ribbons using a veggie peeler
- radishes, thinly sliced
- Light the braai.
- Toast the seed mix in a dry pan until golden and fragrant.
- Fry the white onion slices in a little oil in a hot pan until golden and crispy. Season.
- Brush each Fry’s Traditional Burger patty with olive oil and braai over hot coals until golden.
- Slice the rolls in half, brush with olive oil and toast until golden.
For the Avo and Peppadew Salsa
Using a fork, mash one avocado into a smooth paste. Chop the second avocado into rough chunks. Add the avocado chunks, peppadews and coriander to the mashed avocado. Season.
Place cucumber ribbons and radish on the bottom half of a roll. Top with a Fry’s Traditional Burger patty, red onion slices and a second Burger patty. Top with avo salsa, fried onion and a sprinkling of the toasted seed mix. Season and cover with the top half of the roll.
Fry’s Traditional Burger was the first meat-free burger that Wally and Debbie Fry developed. These plant-based patties are chunky and delicious, with an authentic texture and chargrilled pattern.
Find The Fry Family Food Co. improved versions of their Traditional and Spiced Burgers in the frozen section of major retailers from the end of July and early August at the recommended retail price of R46.99 per pack.
The global lockdown has everyone’s mental health in a spin! Have you checked out our Mental Health resources by Indian Spice click here
The South African Depression And Anxiety Group (SADAG) is Africa’s largest mental health support and advocacy group open 7 days a week from 8am – 8pm. If you are needing a referral to a psychologist, psychiatrist or support group call SADAG on 011 234 4837 or 0800 20 50 26 and speak to a trained counselor who can assist you further. Substance abuse hotline: 0800 12 13 14 is available 24hrs or alternatively email Zane on email@example.com
If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist. India Helplines: Aasra: 022 2754 6669; Sneha India Foundation: +914424640050 and Sanjivini: 011-24311918
Stay at home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority during the coronavirus crisis.
Connect with the Coronavirus Whatsapp services below
- Coronavirus India Whatsapp tap here
- Coronavirus South Africa Whatsapp tap here
- SA Hotline Number: 0800 029 999
For more related coronavirus (COVID-19) latest news and stories click here