TRENDING STORIES

Sushant Singh Rajput: Latest Updates


Sushant Singh Rajput’s family, fans and colleagues have welcomed the Supreme Court’s verdict on Rhea Chakraborty’s plea to transfer the investigation from Patna to Mumbai. The Supreme Court on Wednesday directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate the Sushant Singh Rajput death case. SC also upheld the Patna FIR and asked Maharashtra to assist the probe. Maharashtra has been asked to hand over all the evidence in the case to CBI. The CBI registered a case against Rhea Chakraborty and others after Sushant’s father KK Singh filed a complaint with the Patna police against her and her family members alleging abetment of suicide.

The Patna FIR invokes IPC Sections 306 (abetment of suicide), 341 (wrongful restraint), 342 (wrongful confinement), 380 (theft in dwelling house), 406 (criminal breach of trust) 506 (criminal intimidation),120B (criminal conspiracy) and 420 (cheating).

Sushant-Singh-Rajput-latest-news-rhea-chakraborty
Sushant Singh Rajput’s family, fans and his colleagues from Bollywood have been campaigning for a CBI probe into his death since last month.

Timeline of events in the Sushant Singh Rajput case

The Supreme Court on Wednesday directed CBI probe into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. Here’s the chronology of everything that has happened so far in the case.

— Jun 14: Sushant dies at his Mumbai residence. Mumbai Police starts inquest proceedings under CrPC to ascertain the cause of unnatural death.

— Jun 16: The police said Sushant had shown symptoms of clinical depression and was consulting a psychiatrist.

— Jun 18: Sushant’s actor girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty records her statement before Mumbai Police.

— Jul 6: Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali records statement in the case.

— Jul 18: Filmmaker and Yash Raj Films (YRF) chairman Aditya Chopra records his statement with Mumbai Police.

— Jul 25: Rajput’s father K K Singh lodges an FIR in Patna for several offences including abetment of suicide against Rhea and her family members.

— Jul 27: Mumbai Police records filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt’s statement. Mumbai Police official said viscera report ruled out foul play in Sushant’s death.

— Jul 29: Rhea moves SC seeking transfer of the FIR from Patna to Mumbai.

— Jul 31: Enforcement Directorate says it has filed a money laundering case in the matter.

— Aug 4: Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar says the state government has recommended CBI investigation in the matter. Mumbai Police Commissioner says 54 persons have recorded their statements in the case.

— Aug 6: CBI says it has lodged an FIR in the matter.

— Aug 7: Centre moves SC seeking to be made a party in Rhea’s plea.

— Aug 8: Rajput’s father K K Singh moves SC, opposing Rhea’s plea.

— Aug 10: Rhea moves fresh plea before SC alleging media trial.

— Aug 11: Maharashtra govt tells SC that Bihar Police lacks jurisdiction. SC reserves judgement on Rhea’s plea.

— Aug 19: SC upholds transfer of the Patna FIR to the CBI in the case.

Rhea Chakraborty has told the Supreme Court that she has no objection if the probe into the death of Sushant Singh Rajput is transferred to the CBI. She, however, alleged that the Bihar police crossed their jurisdiction under “political pressure” and they could not transfer probe to the CBI.

Sushant Singh Rajput’s family on Wednesday thanked fans, well-wishers and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for supporting their demand for a CBI investigation into the actor’s death. Sushant’s sister Meetu Singh tweeted a statement, soon after the Supreme Court directed the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to take over the late actor’s death case.

Meetu tweeted, “परिवार की प्रतिक्रिया सीबीआई जाँच पर! #CBITakesOver” (Reaction of our family on SC verdict regarding CBI probe for Sushant). An excerpt from the statement read, “Now that the country’s premier investigating agency has taken over, we believe that all those involved in the dastardly crime will be brought to justice.”

On Thursday, actor Siddhant Chaturvedi, of Gully Boy fame, took to Instagram and shared an old video of him dancing with actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The video is from 2012 when Siddhant won a National Talent Hunt, and it was Sushant who was the judge of the competition. The two can be seen dancing on the Agneepath song “Chikni Chameli” with full gusto.

Along with the video, Siddhant shared, “College mein tha, B.com ke Saath Saath “the usual combo”- CA kar raha tha. Ek National Talent Hunt mein Part lia…Jeeta Main, Nache Hum dono. Mera Confidence uske baad Ufff..! (I was in college pursuing B.Com along with CA. I participated in a talent hunt. It was my win, but both of us danced. After this my confidence was on a high)”

He added, “Us raat soye nahi main aur mera Parivaar…Mera Naam Goonja Stage pe, wo bhi Sushant Singh Rajput ki awaaz mein! Wah! Meri Pehli Jeet, Meri Shuruwaat. (That night, my family and I could not sleep. The voice of Sushant Singh Rajput echoed in my ears as he took my name while announcing the winner. That was my first win, my beginning)”

Fans of the late actor have also started an online petition demanding a wax statue of the actor at Madame Tussauds, London. Started by a fan named Basundhara Ghosh, the change.org petition has so far received over 45,000 signatures.

Sushant Singh Rajput CBI Probe

Sushant Singh Rajput’s family members have been rallying for a CBI probe into the actor’s death case for the past few weeks and now, the family has received the support of many actors. On Thursday, Sushant’s sister Shweta Singh Kirti talked about getting CBI involved in the case and she soon got the support of Ankita Lokhande, Kriti Sanon, Kangana Ranaut, Varun Dhawan, Parineeti Chopra among others. Shweta took to social media to share a video and a message that read, “It’s time we find the truth and get justice. Please help our family and the whole world to know what the truth is and find closure, otherwise, we will never be able to live a peaceful life!!#CBIForSSR Raise your voice and demand #JusticeForSushantSinghRajput #WarriorsForSSR @sushantsinghrajput”

Kriti Sanon, who shared screen space with Sushant Singh Rajput in the 2017 film Raabta, shared on her Instagram story, “I pray that the Truth comes out SOON.. His family, his friends, fans and all loved ones deserve this closure.. ” She added, “I hope and pray that the CBI takes over the case so it’s investigated without any political agendas, in the TRUE sense, to provide justice to the family!! Its high time his soul rests in peace! #CBIForSSR #SushantSinghRajput”

Sushant’s Dil Bechara co-star Sanjana Sanghi reshared Shweta’s post and wrote, “For you, the prayers never have and never will stop. Justice, peace and the truth – have to be served. Always praying that they will be served. This ordeal has been inordinately long & tough. All the strength and love to the entire family.”

Parineeti Chopra, who shared screen space with Sushant Singh Rajput in the 2013 film Shuddh Desi Romance, shared on her Instagram story, “All That is needed, is the truth #JusticeForSSR.”

Sooraj Pancholi shared on his Instagram story, “I really pray and hope that Sushant’s family get the closure they need! They really deserve a proper CBI investigation, it has been a long battle for them already! They need to know what actually happened, and the World needs to know too! #CBIforSSR”

Daisy Shah took to Instagram and shared, “It’s almost two months since Sushant’s demise. It’s not easy… as if the pain of losing a son isn’t enough for the family that they have to go through so much emotional trauma. It’s time the #CBI takes up the case and give justice to Sushant and his loved ones. #CBIforSSR”

Mumbai Police have gone in the wrong direction: Vikas Singh

“I have always said that the Mumbai Police is a very professional force. But for some reason, in this case, Mumbai Police have completely gone in the wrong direction. So the family had to approach Patna Police,” Vikas Singh was quoted by ANI. He said Supreme Court has listened to lengthy arguments in the matter and “should comment that the case has rightly gone to CBI”. “The court should give directions that Mumbai Police should help CBI in the investigation,” he said.

Disha Salian’s father files a written complaint against three people

According to ANI, Disha Salian’s father Satish Salian has filed a written complaint against three people for spreading rumours about Disha’s death. Mumbai’s Malvani Police Station confirmed the same. Sushant Singh Rajput’s former manager Disha Salian was found dead on June 8 in Mumbai.

Mumbai Police’s Statements: On 3 August, Commissioner of Police Mumbai, Param Bir Singh spoke about the investigation into the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput in a press conference. As per a report by Times Now, Singh said that before dying by suicide, Sushant had searched ‘painless death’ on the internet. Singh added that the actor was upset about the media linking him with his former manager Disha Salian’s death.

The Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a First Incident Report (FIR) against actor Rhea Chakraborty, Indrajit Chakraborty, Sandhya Chakraborty and Showik Chakraborty, Sushant Singh Rajput’s house manager Samuel Miranda, Shruti Modi, and others in relation to the actor’s death.

Four months prior to actor Sushant Singh Rajput taking his life tragically, his police officer brother-in-law O P Singh had messaged a senior Mumbai police officer claiming that the Singh family feared that the Dil Bechara actors life was “going downhill” and was at certain risk and that he had “surrendered to a manipulative group of people”. Rajput’s father KK Singh had earlier said that the reason he approached Bihar Police with a complaint against actor Rhea Chakraborty was that Mumbai Police had not acted on complaints sent to them as early as February.  Screenshots of the alleged messages have been seen by The Indian Express include one written to O P Singh by one of Rajput’s sisters, a Delhi-based lawyer, which to he had forwarded to Dahiya. The message names two of Rhea Chakraborty’s associates, accusing them of being part of a conspiracy “to destroy Sushant monetarily, mentally and physically”.

The CBI has registered a case related to the death of Sh. Sushant Singh Rajput on the request of Bihar Govt and further notification from Govt of India and taken over the investigation of the case, earlier registered at police station Rajiv Nagar, Patna vide FIR no.241/2020 dated 25-7-2020. The case was registered against 6 accused and others. with the investigation currently underway.

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has summoned Sushant’s former girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty in relation to a probe into the allegations of financial irregularities as accused by KK Singh, Sushant’s father.

News agency ANI reports, “Enforcement Directorate (ED) is interrogating Samual Miranda, an associate of Rhea Chakraborty over the latter’s properties. Chakraborty will now have to appear before the agency on August 7. The Directorate on July 31 had registered a money laundering case against Chakraborty and some of her relatives based on a July 25 case docket filed in Patna by Rajput’s father KK Singh. The docket has been filed under IPC Sections 306 (abetment of suicide), 341 (wrongful restraint), 342 (wrongful confinement), 380 (theft in dwelling house), 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 420 (cheating).

Of these, the offence of cheating falls under the category of predicate offences under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).

How are the Chakraborty’s implicated?

The Directorate is also probing two companies financed by the late Rajput, where Chakraborty, her father Indrajit and brother Showik are cited as directors.

The Directorate has also questioned Rajput’s house manager Samuel Miranda, who had been hired by Rhea Chakraborty. It is alleged that Chakraborty had allegedly fired Rajput’s existing staff and replaced them with people she could trust. Miranda is mentioned as an accused in the FIR filed by Rajput’s father. The agency had earlier questioned Rajput’s chartered accountant Sandeep Sridhar about the actor’s financial transactions over the past few years.

It has also summoned Chakraborty’s CA Ritesh Shah, sources say the agency will be questioning all suspects that have dealt with or benefited from Sushant Singh Rajput’s wealth.

Disha Salian’s death

With rumours about the death of Disha Salian, linking it to Sushant Singh Rajput’s suicide, Mumbai Police on Wednesday issued a press release asking anyone with information to assist the police with the investigation.

‘Sushant couldn’t sleep for four nights waiting for Sanjana to clear Me Too allegations’

Pavitra Rishta director Kushal Zaveri shared an Instagram post where he revealed that Sushant Singh Rajput couldn’t sleep for four nights “waiting for Sanjana Sanghi to clear Me Too allegations.”

Sushant Singh Rajput case: Bihar CM Nitish Kumar thanks Centre for accepting his request On Wednesday night, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar took to Twitter to thank the central government for accepting his recommendation with regard to transferring Sushant death case to CBI. Here’s what he tweeted:

Sushant Singh Rajput’s sister Meetu Singh penned a heartfelt note for her late brother on Instagram which read, “Bhai, We are still in a state of shock and can’t believe that you aren’t there physically with us. The excruciating pain & the void you have left behind is immense and indescribable.My precious brother, my jaan,I still can’t say goodbye. I will maintain our sacred bond within my heart And shall keep it alive till eternity. I will keep laughing and crying on our shared memories, Until we meet again, bhai. You will always be my pride!”

Dil Bechara’s female lead Sanjana Sanghi took to the social media platform to share a behind-the-scenes video of her co-star, the late Sushant Singh Rajput, watch the video here

Sushant Singh Rajput BTS Dil Bechara Sanjana Sanghi
#WATCH: Dil Bechara’s female lead Sanjana Sanghi took to the social media to share a behind-the-scenes video of the late Sushant Singh Rajput.

Source inputs: Indian Express | ANI

📣 Follow Indian Spice on TwitterInstagramFacebookTelegramTikTok and on YouTube, and stay updated with the latest South African Indian news and international Indian news.


The global lockdown has everyone’s mental health in a spin! Have you checked out our Mental Health resources by Indian Spice click here

The South African Depression And Anxiety Group (SADAG) is Africa’s largest mental health support and advocacy group open 7 days a week from 8am – 8pm. If you are needing a referral to a psychologist, psychiatrist or support group call SADAG on 011 234 4837 or 0800 20 50 26 and speak to a trained counselor who can assist you further. Substance abuse hotline: 0800 12 13 14 is available 24hrs or alternatively email Zane on zane@sadag.org

If you need support or know someone who does, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist. India Helplines: Aasra: 022 2754 6669; Sneha India Foundation: +914424640050 and Sanjivini: 011-24311918

Stay at home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority during the coronavirus crisis. 

Connect with the Coronavirus Whatsapp services below

  • Coronavirus India Whatsapp tap here
  • Coronavirus South Africa Whatsapp tap here
  • SA Hotline Number: 0800 029 999

For more related coronavirus (COVID-19) latest news and stories click here