TRENDING STORIES

Sajid Khan Asked Model To Strip Naked For Casting

Indian model, Paula has revealed she has been a victim of alleged sexual harassment by filmmaker Sajid Khan. She wrote that Khan had asked her to strip naked to secure a role in the Bollywood movie Housefull. Paula took to her social media account on Instagram to state, “When #MeToo Movement started, a lot of people spoke about Sajid Khan but I did not dare to because like every other actor who has no godfather and had to earn for family I kept quiet”.

She also added that she doesn’t have her parents by her side and has to make a living for herself and chose to speak out. “I can dare to tell that I have been harassed by Sajid Khan at the age of 17. He spoke dirty to me, he tried to touch me. He even told me to strip in front of him just to get a role in his upcoming Housefull movie. God knows with how many girls he has done this”.

During the initial allegations against him, Khan stepped down as director of Housefull at the time he was accused of sexual harassment by a journalist and actor Saloni Chopra.

The model also clarified this is a not a pity party that she is hosting for herself, “It’s just that I realised that had affected me so bad when I was a child and chose not to speak”. Paula also wrote that people like Sajid Khan should be behind bars.

Earlier, Sajid Khan had been accused of sexual harassment by three members of the film fraternity and even a journalist. Actor Aahana Kumra had also alleged that Sajid Khan had asked her inappropriate questions when she had met him regarding work.

Sajid Khan suspended in 2018 by Indian film and television association

The Indian Film & Television Directors’ Association had suspended Sajid Khan in 2018, for one year over other Me Too complaints against him. The suspension had followed after several women accused him of sexual harassment, news agency ANI reported.

Sajid was accused of sexual harassment by at least four women, following which he stepped down as the director of Housefull 4.

Khan appeared before the ICC, led by advocates Mrunalini Deshmukh and Vibhav Krishna, filmmakers Shrabani Deodhar and Bhavna Talwar, Ashoke Pandit (President, IFTDA), Ashok Dubey (Head of the Federation of Western India Cine Employees) and Nandini Sarkar (from the NGO C-Quel) on November 1. During his submissions at the Internal Complaints Committee (ICC), Khan did not accept the allegations, that he had sexually molested the women but revealed that his behaviour and language was out of line. Khan defended himself saying that any sexual interactions with the complainants were consensual. His suspension was placed in effect since 11 December 2019 and was up for review a year later.

When the allegations against Khan had surfaced, Farhan Akhtar was one of the first Indian celebrities to react by saying it was “shocking”. Akhtar has been a vocal supporter of the MeToo movement since its birthing. Farhan said when he first heard about the accusations against his cousin Sajid, he had conflicted emotions.

Sajid Khan’s sister, Farah Khan also spoke out over the allegations against her brother,

📣  Want to stay updated with the latest news? Get your dose of South African Indian and international news, entertainment and celebrity stories when you subscribe to our free newsletter tap here to get started and make life easy and hit follow on Google News