Immunity boosts are vital in one’s diet to ensure that your body can react to protect you in times of distress. In a COVID-19 future, this refreshing home-made turmeric juice shot is a perfect way to keep you and your family protected! If you enjoy refreshing juices, this recipe is a popular drink from the destination of Bali and Archana Doshi remixed the recipe which honestly tastes amazing!
Several hundred years ago, the royals of Indonesia asked their healers to create treatments not only for medicinal purposes, but also for spa and beauty treatments. The very same herbs, fruits and flowers that contained healing properties were used to create luxurious beauty treatments one can still enjoy today. Jamu has a 1.200-year-old history, yet is little used or known outside Indonesia.
The Jamu juice recipe
This Jamu juice shot is an excellent anti-inflammatory elixir, made with fresh turmeric, ginger, honey or Maple syrup with a squeeze of lemon – that can be served warm like tea or chilled.
- ½ cup fresh turmeric roots,
- 3/4 cup fresh ginger roots, rinsed, no need to peel
- 4 cups of water
- honey or maple syrup to taste
- a squeeze of lemon-lime or citrus to taste
- Honey and pepper to taste – added last
- Grate and then blend in water and strain.
- After every strain, blend the mixture again with more water and strain. Do this 3 to 4 times. You get approximately 1 litre of juice which you can store in the refrigerator for a week.
- The juice now diluted can be consumed just like that in small shot glasses perfect as a cold drink or hot.
When preparing Jamu juice with a blender, remember to slice the ginger and turmeric thinly with the skin on, place in a blender and add 2 cups water. Blend for about 1 minute. Allow the mixture settle for a few minutes, strain into a bowl, then pour into a quart jar, add remaining two cups of water.
For diabetic patients, a dash of turmeric can actually do wonders for diabetes. Research state adding a pinch of cinnamon powder to turmeric milk can help lower insulin levels. Have you checked out our Gastronomy section with loads of Indian food recipes click here