Rhea Chakraborty was granted bail on Wednesday, 7 October by the Bombay High Court. Sushant Singh Rajput’s staff members Samuel Miranda and Dipesh Sawant have also been granted bail by the High Court. The former girlfriend of Sushant Singh Rajput left Mumbai’s Byculla jail on Wednesday evening, accompanied by her lawyer Satish Maneshinde.
Her brother Showik Chakraborty’s bail plea has been rejected along with Abdul Basit and will remain behind bars. On 29 September, the Bombay High Court had reserved its order on the bail pleas of Rhea and Showik, which they had filed on 22 September.
Rhea Chakraborty bail has been granted with these conditions,
- Deposit her passport
- Report every day for 10 days to the Mumbai Police
- Furnish bail bond of Rs 1 lakh
- Cannot leave the country
- Cannot meet with any other witness in the Sushant Singh Rajput case
- Must inform Investigating Officer if she is going out of Greater Mumbai and give her itinerary in advance
- Report on the first Monday of every month before the investigating agency for six months
- Attend all dates in court unless prevented by any reasonable cause
- Not to tamper with evidence or investigation of the case
Rhea Chakraborty has been released after nearly a month since her arrest by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) in an alleged drug link related to her late partner Sushant Singh Rajput’s death.
Rhea Chakraborty’s mother Sandhya reveals she contemplated suicide after the onslaught against her family and that her daughter is seeking therapy. After spending almost a month in prison and her release has been met with sympathy and anger from social media.
Speaking to Times of India, her mother said that her daughter will be seeking therapy to overcome the trauma she has been through, tap here for more