Update: Lamp lighting ceremony Wednesday morning – World Hindu Federation SAhttps://fb.watch/4-pl_mJvnR/
Chinmaya Mission will stream online; https://chinmayamission.co.za/ramnavami2021/
See our explainer on this special day, the culmination of the Chaitra Navratri and the Ramayana week. We’ve put together a Ram Navami playlist, watchlist of films and videos and recipes to get you in the mood and the spirit of Rama.
Ram Navami celebrations in Ayodhya, the place of his birth, are remarkable. On this day, Ayodhya is decked up with lights and devotees visit the temple but this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there are restrictions in place. People come to Ayodhya from far and wide. They usually take a holy dip in the river Sarayu river before visiting the Ram temple.
Ram Navami playlist of bhajans, songs
Simply let the Ram Navami playlist run, or click the menu (three lines on top right) to select
Ram Navami videos, films and Ramayana explainers
Simply let it play, or click the menu (three lines on top right) to select
A cooling drink traditionally prepared on Ram Navami
- 2 and 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup powdered jaggery
- 10 nos pepper
- 2 nos cardamom
- 1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
- 1/2 lemon
- few leaves tulsi
- a tiny pinch of salt
- First measure and get ready with all your ingredients.Using a hand mortar and pestle grind pepper and cardamom to a coarse mixture,Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add water,then jaggery mix well so that jaggery gets dissolved fully.
- Now add pepper cardamom powder,salt,edible camphor and tulsi leaves.
- Add dry ginger powder, extract lemon juice and add it.
- Mix well.Strain it and serve chilled.
- Adjust lemon juice according to your taste.
- I used paagu vellam just to get the golden brown color, you can use normal jaggery too though paagu vellam is preferred.
- Add a tsp of karupatti for extra flavour.
- You can plus / minus the ingredients according to your choice.
- Use chilled water to make panakam.
Ram Navami playlist, Ram Navami videos, Ram Navami recipes
Free images and Wallpaper
Simply click on images and save